Skip to main content

Who is Faithful Mommy?



Hi all!
I'm Ashley! I'm a Daughter of the King of Kings, a wife to my amazing husband Brian who is a Psychiarist, and a mother to our two girls, Scarlett (6) and Isla (2). Though I'm a mental health therapist by training, God has steered me towards my true calling...full time wife and mommy and Christian Blogger/Writer. My family and I have settled down in Bowling Green, Kentucky. We absolutely love this town.

I grew up as an only child in the small town of Shelbyville, Kentucky. My childhood was the absolute BEST thanks to my parents, extended family, and friends. God sure knew what He was doing when he gave me my people. 

I'm my Daddy's daughter for sure. He taught me so much about faith in God, walking with Jesus, and just how to be a good and loving person. My heart was shattered last year (July 2018) when my Daddy was called Home to Jesus after a four month battle with Stomach Cancer. So much of him lives within me and I am already seeing parts of him in my daughters.

My Mom and my grandmothers taught me how to be the faithful wife and mommy that I am today. My mother is the strongest woman I know! She lost not only my dad last year, but lost her mother (my Granny) less than two months later. Over the years, I watched not only my mom but my grandmothers. They were all loving and selfless. I hope that I make them so proud!

My friends have taught me so much about loyalty and loving others. Many of my friends today are still my friends from my childhood. We've seen each other through life's toughest of times and through the happiest of times. Though we don't get to see each other regularly, we never seem to miss a beat. I've gained many friends along the way as well. They've taught me that the length of the friendship doesn't determine the closeness. All of my closest friends have become like sisters (and brother) to this only child.

I met my husband through mutual friends (though we worked in the same company) on a blind date. I know people may think we are crazy, but it truly was love at first sight. Every day since then I've fallen deeper and deeper in love. He's truly the man of my dreams and the most loving and supportive man I've ever known. We've been together for over ten years and married for almost eight of those. We're still as mushy-gushy as ever, and he still gives me butterflies.

Our two girls are our two little firecrackers. They have strong and stubborn personalities, but these two little miracles have taught me a lot about love and about God's grace. I'm so blessed that God chose me to be their Mommy. I am trying my best daily to make sure they always know how much I love them and that Jesus loves them even more that Momma does.

I hope that you'll follow me on my writing journey. While I'm a Faithful Mommy, I enjoy writing about other aspects of life aside from motherhood. By following this blog, you'll see many topics discussed and hopefully you'll find many posts along the way that are relatable to you. Love to all of you!

Love,
Ashley Barczak
"Faithful Mommy"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peace in Uncertainty

 Holy Moly! I really skipped over all of 2020?! That’s so 2020 isn’t it? Too bad we couldn’t have truly skipped it, right!? In some ways it was good for us, though. Hear me out.  Despite being at home for most of 2020, things seemed as busy as ever. Suddenly I was thrown into the wonderful world of NTI with my elementary school kiddo. Thankfully, my kids go to an amazing school with superhero-esque teachers! Still, I was a stressed mess. The initial freak-out about COVID-19 had me on high alert 24/7 because I thought my oldest daughter was at high risk due to her autoimmune disorder. This was also before we knew how the virus affected kids. I truly realized that my initial response to anything new or uncertain was fear and panic. Even after all these years of being a Christ follower. You’d think I would have learned after the millionth panic-ish attack that Jesus is in control. Why do I tend to panic first and pray last in times of uncertainty? What does this say about my faith? I mean

Let’s Be Real...

It’s been a crazy long time since I’ve written a blog entry. It’s also been a crazy time in general.    The past couple of months have been an absolute whirlwind, yet I have no idea why... and somehow I’ve stumbled upon November. Wasn’t it just July?  July was maybe the last time I truly felt like myself for an extended period of time. Since then, I’ve struggled. I had gotten pretty low and was basically existing between naps (long ones). I have been dealing with a mixture of some delayed grief that I had finally allowed myself to feel, PMDD symptoms (Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder), and the typical    affective changes with the changing of seasons. I’ve felt like a horrible wife, mother, and person in general. I allowed Satan’s lies to tell me over and over again that everyone else I know is such a better wife and mother than me. Then I allowed myself a lot of pity parties along the way. And in the meantime, I neglected my time with God so I wasn’t arming myself or recei

Where the Sidewalk Ends and Our Lives Begin

"In all your ways, submit to Him and He will make your paths straight." --Proverbs 3:6 At the beginning of June, my husband (Brian) and I went on a vacation. Just the two of us. It was the first time since our honeymoon that we'd been on the beach without our kids. I love family vacations, but there is something about being able to just be still and not have to focus on much of anything. Last year was such a tough year in watching my dad's battle with stomach cancer and then ultimately losing him last July. This vacation was the first time I've truly been able to face my own grief without having someone else to care for. Grief had gotten my attention. Fortunately, God was also able to get my attention. Not that I hadn't been focusing on God much, but I had realized that up until the point of our vacation, I'd struggled to truly hear God. My mind had been so focused on the million other things also going on in my life and in the lives of those